Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Pizza, Blue Bunny ice cream and Rex Shiraz

We love pizza, and even though we'll eat frozen pizza when we're lazy, we prefer to make our own. Jeremy uses a great recipe for a whole wheat pizza crust and we include whatever veggies are in the frig.
The usual suspects: sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms and spinach, sometimes asparagus, sometimes artichokes and olives, sometimes hot peppers. YUM.

I'm a sucker for cheap ice cream. When looking for no sugar added versions after my dad found out about the diabetes, I found Blue Bunny's vanilla, a tasty, non-chemically alternative to "real" ice cream. The Bourdeaux Cherry Chocolate was also good, with giant chunks of cherries and chocolate. (Not diabetic friendly, I'm afraid.)

With dinner we drank some Rex Goliath Shiraz. As I said before when reviewing the Chardonnay, I like Rex and have never been
disappointed by their wines. They are cheap (usually $7 or 8),
last a good while and go with just about anything.
Hooray for cheap tasty wine!


No comments: